ReStart Home Renovations offers a complete solution for concept to completion home design and home remodeling in Lehigh Valley, Easton, Bethlehem, Allentown, Nazareth and Doylestown, PA and surrounding areas.
We can transform your existing kitchen or remove walls for an open concept.
Let us create a spa master bath or reimagine your hall bath so you relax in luxury!
Looking to remodel your main floor or maybe your whole house?
Custom trimwork has the ablity to elevate a space, whether it be a wall, built in or staircase!
Explore Ideas & Formulate Must Haves
Formulating a Budget
Use the must haves list you just created to understand what a realistic budget would be. There are great tools online to help with getting a general idea of remodeling costs.
Call Us or Fill out our Form
- Filling out our form is a quick and easy way to get your info to us and covers a lot of the questions we would ask on a first call. After we review your form we will get in touch and set up a time to come see your project.
- Setting the right budget is the most important part of any project. Let’s talk about what you are looking to spend. With a realistic budget, we can help come up with ideas that will provide the best value for your investment.
If it seems like we are a right fit for your project, we will set up a time to meet you at your house.
Once at your home, we will spend 30-60 minutes getting to know each other better. We will hear what you have in mind and talk through your goals and desires.
We won’t get into a lot of details, but we will talk about what you are looking to accomplish overall. We will discuss the feasibility of your ideal budget range. We will love to answer any questions you might have and will also talk over our process and the next steps.
- If you are ready to take it to the next step- We will inspect, measure, photograph and document the existing space. Then we will create a preliminary scope of work and provide a ballpark Rough Estimate. For some projects, we will create a Good-Better-Best estimate so you can get an idea of how your selection choices can affect the final price.
- We will talk about design ideas that could affect the price.
- With the Rough Estimate agreed upon, we can begin the formal design phase after signing a Design Agreement.
Once the Design Agreement is signed we start the design & selections phase. A Design Agreement fee is charged and will be applied to your project’s total costs.
Floor Plans and Elevational Drawings ( as applicable)
We will create for you a floorplan/ elevational drawings of one or two possible layouts for your space. In this phase we will narrow down the plans you like best, and hone in on a final design. Once you love the final design we move right into the selections phase.
Interior Material Selections
Now that you have essentially viewed and approved the overall design/layout of your project (the big picture design), at this point in the process we will start selecting all of the fine details and finishes your project will need. These include things like cabinets, countertops, flooring, plumbing fixtures, tile, paint colors, furnishings and decor ( if applicable) etc.
We present to you through mood boards and product samples. Once we have narrowed the selections down and chosen our favorites, we then create a 3d design of your space so you can be completely confident in what your ew space will look like!
All of your decisions are made before the construction portion starts, making the process go much smoother for you in the long run.
Final Proposal and Contract
Now that all of the details and final associated costs for your project have been figured out and your selections have been finalized, we will prepare for you the final Proposal and Contract. This is the contract that outlines the scope of work and costs, the schedule, and the payment terms.
Turning ideas on paper into reality begins at this phase.
We will prepare and submit to the appropriate building department any necessary permit applications. This can take anywhere from one to three weeks, depending on where you live. No matter how long it takes, we take care of all permits and inspections.
After your permit is approved, we schedule and start your project. We arrive at your home, equipped to transform the design into reality. With our skilled team, you’re in good hands. We’re also ready to answer any questions you have as the project moves forward.
Scott is the Project Manager and he will be your daily point person for your project. He will be performing some of and scheduling the work, answering questions, problem solving, updating the schedule, etc. Remember, with our process, 99% of the details are decided on in the design phase. This helps the Build step go much smoother.